Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back at work


Just to let everyone know, I am back at work so the posts will come a little slower than usual. It's actually pretty nice to be back around adults and have a reason to take a shower during the day. I think for Isabel's well-being, seeing her mother dressed in real clothes will surely make a difference.
She is with a fantastic nanny right now - Miss Paige. (She's holding Isabel.) She has been a God-send. I tell ya. Isabel absolutely adores her, and Jeff and I do too. If she would let us adopt her and move her into the house for good, we would do it. But, alas, she is going on to bigger and better things. Paige will be joining a theater group in Denver, Colorado for the summer where she'll be in several musicals including a leading role in Peter Pan. She'll then go back to Coker College in Columbia, SC. The good news is her boyfriend lives in Greenville, so we'll get her back on weekends in the fall!

Next week, Isabel starts nursery. So I'm thinking that transition will be a different ballgame. Isabel has been catered to at this point. She has reflux, so we can position her properly. She has to be swaddled to sleep - nurseries don't do that. She is getting a flat spot on her head that we have to watch and readjust her sleeping and sitting positions. She gets a bath during the day and specific lotion for her dry skin. All those things won't be catered to as easily at nursery. I'm sure she'll be fine, but you know first time moms!

To get her prepared for "school," Jeff has been allowing her to read his The Economist magazine. Here's hoping that flat head won't keep her from being the genius she is! : )

No comments: