Isabel had figured out how to climb out of her crib. Well, really, she figured out how to get really mad at us and dive-bomb out of her crib. So, we had a problem on our hands. The solution? A big-girl bed! Yep, we converted her crib to a bed and Charlie and Jane visited us on the first night we used it.
She ended up loving it and now is the happiest little girl. The only problem now is getting her to quit playing in her room long enough to actually take a nap. (She normally reads in her bed. She also has a basket of stuffed animals that she takes out in her bed and puts back into the basket, repeatedly.)
My favorite part of the weekend was when Charlie started giving me some parenting advice. Now, I have to admit, Izzy rules the roost. We are working on that issue, but I told Jane to memorize Charlie's advice and be sure to repeat it back to them if they have a little girl. I'm sure - and you'll agree after the picture - that Charlie will not be wrapped around a little girl's finger at all... : ) (Did I mention that Izzy got Charlie to actually read her a story??)

1 comment:
Thank you so much! He is big on advice but we will see. He is a big old softy too. So glad you two can connect again. It has been too long for all of us. Precious Izzy. Jane and Charlie talked about her this weekend. Maybe we will get in the grandparent business again sooner than I thought. Only kidding. Want them to enjoy each other until it is right for them. hugs for Christmas, Cheryl
Post a Comment