We got to the office and met with Peggy. She got our paperwork in order and directed us to the lab. After waiting for one of the largest men I've ever seen finish up with his family in the ped. blood room, it was our turn. We headed into the room with our tech and said large (read fat) man returned to the room to look for a magazine ( or however you ask for a magazine in spanish). He then proceeded to lean over the medical table and drag his tummy all over it... I thought I was going to hurl. Luckily, the tech Cynthia also was dismayed and proceeded to wipe down the entire room and put fresh paper down for our little Izzy.
Since Isabel is stronger than an ox, another tech had to come help hold her little arm. Here the techs are on one side of the table wrapping her little arm with rubber, and I'm on the other side trying to prepare the little one for what is about to come. They proceed to draw blood from her little arm (I'm guessing it went well; I didn't have the courage to watch). I, of course, took the blame from Isabel since she looked at me the whole time. I tried to calm her down but of course, I was getting choked up. Then it was over before it started. She looked right over at that tech like she hadn't done a thing to her. I told Cynthia that she lucked out because Isabel didn't see that she was the bad guy, and Cynthia said that she made a point to "hide" from her.
"Look at what they did to me!"
In the end, Isabel survived and has the hot pink bandage to prove it. We'll have the results hopefully in a week - so keep your fingers crossed that we get good news. Not really sure what "good news" would be, so we're just hoping for it in general.

1 comment:
Hi Emily,
Thanks for the update. It sounds like Isabel was really brave throughout the whole ordeal. She is so beautiful - I can't get over how much she has grown since I last saw her! I can hardly wait to see you all on Friday. Let us know when you get the results of the blood tests. Take care.
Love,
Meme
Post a Comment