Well, our little darling is having some issues with her head. Her mother noticed she was favoring her left side for everything but had no idea it would affect that sweet round head. Now she has a little flat spot on her left side.
The doctor is giving us a month to work on it ourselves. After that, we may have to consider a - BIG GULP - helmet. We are repositioning her when she sleeps and rubbing that head like a crystal ball every time we can. She is at nursery now, so every time I'm in there I say "tummy time." I'm sure they want to shoot me.
Wish us luck and if you have any "don't worry, she'll be fine" anecdotes with your children OR any "try this, it worked for us" advice. I would love to hear it!
We have considered having Gigi paint some faux curls on the helmet, should it come to that...
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Emily --
Carey (Campbell) here .. my sister actually had to helmet her 2nd son around 2months of age, and at first she was really upset and nervous about it. However, after he had the helmet on for ~6-8 weeks they took before and after pics and she said she didn't realize how bad it was until after the fact. She said overall going through it really wasn't so bad -- just gave her another thing to joke about. I have a feeling if Isabel has to get one, you will take the same approach.
Loved the baptism pics!
Carey
Post a Comment