We have survived another trip away from home. Isabel is now having withdrawals from another set of grandparents. I know the grandparents are supposed to spoil their grandchildren, but man does it make it hard on the parents when you get home! After reading an article in Parents Magazine - yes, I do that now - I have determined that Isabel isn't going to be as laid back as I'd imagined. I think that she is definitely going to be a creature of habit, so I guess I'll really have to kick this mommy thing into high gear and get organized for her. BUT, I digress...
Pop pop loves on Izzy.
So, Easter weekend. We had a fantastic time at the brand new Kircus abode. Isabel certainly loved it because it came with a working swing. It is the first time in her 6 week life that she had been in one. (Ours is broken, but the new part is coming in another 2 weeks - thank goodness!) She fell in love with the thing, so we brought it back with us.
Gigi loved on her all the time and I got to sleep like never before. I even think I got a 5 hour stretch in there. Perfect! Gigi and her Aunt Angie have learned the art of feeding her and we all have our own ways to get a burp out of the girl. Hey, whatever works.
Aunt Angie and Izzy
She also has won over her cousins. Reading took to standing behind her while she burped and saying "Here's your cousin" while John Gray would hold her and just stare. They both fought over her would hold her for the Easter picture. They both did, as you can see in the picture.
Reading, Isabel and John Gray
John Gray and Izzy
Isabel also got her first Easter bucket. We do buckets in our house. Jeff was pretty confused at why we don't do baskets, but for some reason, we don't. We do buckets. Luckily for Isabel they hold more. She got a couple books, some music, toys and of course, her candy of choice - formula. All from the Easter bunny.
Easter Bucket
She had her first church experience. To quote her father, her eyes were as big as quarters when she was in there. We knew she liked music, but she was soaking it all in. The colorful windows, the organ, the ministers' voices. Then, halfway through the service it was time to eat. Great. I walked her to the back of the church to go feed her in the parlor, but the chapel was open (read not quiet in there) so I walked over to the library. I encountered a "mature" lady in the back of the church who wanted to point me toward the nursery (read "doesn't like babies in church"). I guess she didn't recognize me because I have been going to this church since birth. Bless her heart. I put Izzy in a dress and by dang it, I was going to feed her in the library and bring her back into that service. I mean really. That is what Easter dresses are for! After the service, Gigi and Angie had a chance to show off Isabel to all their friends, which was their favorite part.
We also got to introduce to a few of mom's sisters and other family. The day was just too much for Isabel after that. She could not settle down. So Jeff and I did what any self respecting pair of parents would do. We went into the bedroom and helped Isabel take a nap. I mean, we have to lead by example, right? When we woke up, the whole house was clear and lunch was cleaned up. Man, do we have great timing. We also had time to watch the end of the Tar Heel game as they slaughtered Arkansas. I remember what's really important - Go Heels!

No comments:
Post a Comment