So, I was thinking this would be a great place to keep everyone up-to-date on my new life and more importantly the daily happenings of the all-important Isabel. I know you want to know more about her than me.
What no one tells you. (a cliche but original thoughts are hard to create on 2 consecutive hours of sleep).
- Girls will pee a steady stream as high as your face - not just boys.
- Babies love a boobie and will stay on it for hours if you let them.
- Boobies don't always love the baby - enter hydro pads, vitamin E, ice cubes and lanolin.
- Pumping now means attaching yourself to a machine that makes you feel like a cow
- Walking around with no modesty is the norm - but let's face, it always has been for me.
- Isabel is the absolute most beautiful and smartest girl ever. (Should be #1, but you would've expected that one.)
- Who needs sleep? I do. You really don't get used to being awake every 1 1/2 for the last 3 weeks.
- Jeff is the best dad (should be #2, but I'm all about surprises). We haven't had a huge blow up, slap the face, going to leave you fight yet. But that doesn't mean its not coming... look out for that post!
- I have never thought I'd want to see poop diapers more in my life. This girl came out of the womb constipated, so now I spend every other day with a thermometer or other poop producer up her cute little fanny.
- Friends and family are the best way to survive your first month!!

1 comment:
It seems like madness now, but I promise before you blink your eyes your little bitty will be crawling, eating and sleeping through the night and you will say "Where did my baby go!!" She is precious. Can't wait to hang out together soon.
Post a Comment