Just a quick story. Yesterday, I had to put the dogs in their crates because we have a crazy neighbor that will probably shoot them. At lunch, I let them out of their crates and saw a bird in the garage. I took a wild guess that it flew out of the garage when I let the dogs out.
Later in the day, I came home with Isabel. She was whiny and tired, so I'm holding her when I heard a rustle in the kitchen. I looked over and didn't see anything. Then I heard it again in the dining room and looked just in time to see a bird flying around the house. That dang bird flew from the garage into the house!
So my first reaction was to panic. I ran to the back door and opened the door. The dogs burst in the house and started going crazy. I'm holding Isabel (who loves this by the way) and the brown teddy bear that Sam thinks is his toy. So Sam was trying to get the teddy bear from Isabel, Max was trying to get his fanny petted and the bird was certainly not flying out of the door.
I got the dogs back outside, not before they spilled their water everywhere - including my bare feet in the freezing cold. Then I ran to the front door and opened it. I started calling the bird - "Here bird" and "Whoo-hoo" - like that was going to beckon it toward me. Who am I Mary Poppins??
So my next plan of action is a very noble act. I called my husband.
Jeff laughed at me and started heading home. Isabel and I cuddled on the couch and watched the bird fly around. I am just praying that it doesn't 1. attack us or 2. poop on us. Both of which were absolutely feasible.
When Jeff got home, he tried the calling method. Alas, he didn't have the touch either. Then he got a big hamper and a pillow. He cornered the bird in the bathroom and all Isabel and I could hear was: "Come on bird" "Chill out" "AHHHH!" "Wait a minute" - over and over again. Then the champion emerged. Jeff brought the sweet little bird downstairs in his hands. Isabel and I petted it, then went outside to set it free.
Afterward, I ran my butt back in the house and slammed the door. No way I'm letting that thing back in...
All in all, not a bad day in the Allen household.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment