Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Room of Her Own

So we have officially done it. Well, not that - that's how we got Isabel.
No! We put Isabel in her very own room.

Yep. Now that we've put together our third, yes third, crib - she is officially sleeping in it. The poor girl has been wrestling for room in our bed for a few weeks since she's basically outgrown the pack and play.

Now we have had to resort to "tough love." Though she loves her new bed, she is having some issues with not having her mom and dad at arm's length. Now when she cries, I'm not there to plug her up with a pacie. She is now learning how to get to sleep herself.

I know, I know. She is almost 9 months and totally should know how to do that by now. What can we say? We've loved our Izzy cuddle time. You can't fault us for that.

The first night, she slept through the night without a hitch. The second night, she fell asleep fine in the crib. She woke up at 12:30a and didn't have us to bow to her pacie whim. So the floods started. She cried for an hour, with us visiting every 15 minutes to rub her back. It was excruciating. I had to turn off the sound on our monitor and just watch the lights on it. I closed our bedroom door and turned on the bathroom fan. That was the only way to drown out the screams from her room. (And for those that have met her, know her fiery temper.)

Jeff, poor thing, slept on the couch for a while because he wanted to hear her cry. I told him it was too heartbreaking to listen to it, so I went to the bedroom and warned him that if he tried to pick her up, he'd have to find another house to sleep in. To his credit, he did not do it and we both stuck to our plan. She fell asleep (an hour later) and slept until the morning. Hopefully tonight will be even better...

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it.. and it is SO worth it. Way to go mama! Keep her out long enough and you might have another one LOL